Application Instructions for LTC with DPS
Apply for your license with DPS. Click the “CHL Application” button.
- Click Apply and fill in the information and pay the fee to DPS
- You can stay on this page until you receive an email confirming your application was received. This will let you make an appointment to get your fingerprints done.
- You will receive an email (takes 1 to 5 minutes at least to receive the email back, check your spam folder if longer than 15 minutes) and then you will be able to continue and make your fingerprint appointment. Get your fingerprints done and then you can send in the CHL-IOO you received in class with my signature and date that you passed.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO APPLY WITH DPS FIRST. YOU CAN TAKE THE CLASS FIRST AND APPLY WITH DPS AFTER SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THE CLASS.
PART 2: (scan your CHL-IOO into your computer and attach to email)
BE SURE YOU HAVE SIGNED AND DATED IT AT THE BOTTOM
To complete the application process, you must send in the CHL-IOO. You will receive form CHL-100 from me that shows you successfully completed the class.
Click on the “Texas DPS CHL Website” button.
- Click on “Submit LTC Supporting Documents” on left side menu.
- Select Program: “Handgun Licensing”
- Select Option: “submit LTC supporting documents” to email or “Other Contact Information” to mail.
- Fill in all the information.
- Attach the signed CHL-IOO document you scanned into your computer.
- Select “Submit” and you will receive an email from DPS stating they receive the email. You should receive your license in the mail in about 3 weeks or so.